Blaina & District Hospital
Blaina and District Hospital (alternatively Blaina and Nantyglo Community Hospital) was a community hospital in Blaina. It was latterly operated by the Aneurin Bevan Local Health Board. The hospital was opened in 1910, paid for from subscriptions by local mining communities and became part of the NHS in 1948. It was closed in 2010 and services were transferred to Ysbyty Aneurin Bevan in Ebbw Vale.
The late Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother opened the maternity ward on 17 March 1932 when she was the Duchess of York.
As of 2012 the site is disused. There are proposals to demolish the buildings in order to build retirement homes, but there is local pressure to retain some of the remains for community use.