Aberbargoed railway station was a small railway station in the valleys north of Cardiff. Opened as Aberbargoed by the Brecon & Merthyr Junction Railway, the station went through several changes of name before closure. Despite the similarity in the name it is not the Bargoed station now open on the line to Rhymney.
The station was incorporated into the Great Western Railway during the Grouping of 1923, Passing on to the Western Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948, it was then closed by British Railways.
The site today
The site is now partly an open space, and partly the route of the Bargoed Bypass road.