Abbey Town Railway Station
Abbey Town railway station was a railway station on the branch line off the Solway Junction Railway in the English county of Cumberland (later Cumbria). The first station after Abbey Junction on the branch to Silloth on the Solway Firth, it served the village of Abbey Town. The station closed with the line to Silloth in 1964.
Opened as Abbey by the Carlisle and Silloth Bay Railway in 1856, then renamed Abbey Town by the North British Railway in 1889, it became part of the London and North Eastern Railway during the Grouping of 1923. The station then passed on to the London Midland Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948. The station closed on 7 September 1964.